With this DK findout! book, you will:
– Explore the codes that are all around us, from traffic lights and vending machines to calculators and cars
– Read about key coders in history, such as Ada Lovelace, Grace Hopper, and Steve Jobs
– Discover the Enigma code and how Alan Turing worked to break it during World War II
– See how coders create apps, games, and computer programs using different coding languages, such as Python and Scratch
– Hear from real-life experts Jeff Atwood and Kiki Prottsman what it’s like to be a computer scientist today
– Fold out the cover for a coding quiz and timeline
– and find out much, much more!